Must Have Fall Vintage Trends
Vintage Garage Chicago, the event that has marked a summer of vintage in Uptown, is looking ahead to the top fall vintage trends.
"If it could be a category in itself, the biggest fall trend may be vintage itself," says show producer Melissa Sands of Vintage Promotions, LLC. "America is rediscovering vintage because it's green, sustainable, affordable and provides a unique look. Plus it's just a lot of fun."
The top ten fashion trends for the fall are:
- Plaid skirts: Classic school girl is always hot and this Fall is no exception. Whether it's a mini or knee length, it's the perfect piece to rock vintage this season.
- Vintage sweaters: With skinny jeans for a football game, a vintage cardigan can complete your look!
- Vintage Oxfords: 1950's oxfords will look great with that vintage plaid skirt or jeans!
- Vintage bracelets: Bracelets are back! Not to mention, bangles, cuffs and metal. Stack them; the more the merrier.
- 1950's sunglasses: Vintage sunglasses have such style at any time of the year and they'll finish off the vintage look.
- Vintage baseball jackets: It's the vintage American high school look. The real vintage jackets are more solidly made and are most likely less expensive to acquire. Perfect for the game or to sling over your shoulders with a dress.
- Vintage boots: Ankle or thigh high, no in between.
- 1980's skinny bright colors or print jeans: The late 1980's and early 1990's was an amazing time for printed skinny jeans. They look great with a solid top and a cool leather jacket. Or, go for great pops of color with bright solid colored jeans.
- Femininity: Ruffled collars, frilly and hourglass dresses.
- Big vintage brooches: Also, groups of small pins all together make an updated vintage look.
If you would like to sell vintage at the Garage, APPLY NOW.