Day of Event Load-In & Load-Out Details
THESE ARE NOT UPDATED INSTRUCTIONS FOR HOLIDAY MARKET DEC 1. PLEASE WAIT THEY WILL COME.
- Load-in for full spaces begins at 6:30 am. DON'T COME BEFORE. YOU WILL HAVE TO GET OUT OF LINE.
- Load in for half spaces begins at 7:00 am. DO NOT COME BEFORE THIS. YOU WILL HAVE TO GET OUT OF LINE.
- Special circumstances - we may give you a different time. If that's you, we'll let you know.
- NEW for JULY - FULL SEASON DEALERS - load in at 6am. If you aren't a FULL SEASON DEALER - ignore.
Please line up at your appropriate time and no sooner. The venue is new the process isn't. For example, if you are a 1/2 space and you are in line at 6:30 you will be asked to leave the line until 7am. We need to stagger for a reason and try to keep the street clear.
You can pull your vehicle into your space, unload and move to the top floor if you have a full space. If you have a 1/2 you have to back into your space, unload and move vehicle to the roof. If you have 2 vehicles you have to do them one at a time.
This brings me to something really important. Rudeness. This is a busy and tight day for everyone. Load in IS stressful. Do not be rude, talk down to, or take on an attitude with any member of the staff OR your fellow vendors. Treat others how you expect to be treated. This potential issue often occurs during load in or load out. Again, this is only a one-day event. Keep your cool. Check out a quick sample of what NOT to do during load in below or click here.
I guarantee you, we will make mistakes especially at a garage. We do our best. I don't care what sort of mistake happens. If it does, we will work to fix it. I still won't tolerate any attitudes or rudeness. Stuff happens. Packing up early, treating staff, customers or other vendors badly ensures you never do a Vintage Promotions show again. Preventable misery will not be tolerated. Read - Why load-in makes vintage dealers crazy HERE.
If you have an issue, but know there isn't anything that can be done at that moment, do me a favor? Email me Tuesday after the show and give me a run down on the situation. If I can prevent it from happening again, I absolutely will.
- Gates closed at 8:15am you must be inside. If you aren't there on time, you won't sell and there are no refunds.
- If you need to remove your vehicle and park outside, it will need to be done so by 8:30 am.
- The clearance for the Garage in Evanston is 7ft 7in. This means a car, cargo van or truck of normal size fits. We don't have options for loading from outside.
- Spaces are rented with room for a vehicle up to 18 feet long keep with you or move to a higher floor.
- If you have a full space and are using 2 vehicles - stagger your load in. 1 car into your space at a time!
- Pull one car in and unload first then move to the top floor or out of the garage.
- There is NO unloading from the aisle. Aisles must be open at all times in case of emergency and fire code.
- Moving cars and people in close quarters is generally dangerous. The steps we take may seem inconvenient, but we'll all be fine - and pleasant.
- If you are in a half space, pull in and you will set up behind you.
- If your vehicle is larger, let me know so we can get you in a little earlier.
- If you have a second car of merchandise coming in see instructions.
- There is no electric. If you need some, you will have to provide your own quiet generator or battery lighting.
- No Wifi but we seem to all be getting signals easily for running cards.
- We all know what we are doing the majority of the time, it will always be just fine.
- Packing your booth up begins at 5:00 pm. NOT A MINUTE EARLIER.
- NO VEHICLES WILL MOVE BEFORE 5:15 PM. non-negotiable. Customer can still be walking around and we can't afford to get sued and neither can you. It's a one day show; you can be patient. The city of Evanston is concerned about the safety so we must be aware of what's going on around us.
- At load out everything that comes in with you must go out. NO GARBAGE LEFT BEHIND. We are checking vendors on load out. Small bags of garbage put in the garbage cans is fine. Do not leave anything big behind or near the garbage. We are all on one floor so we'll be watching for that. This garage is owned by the city. They are protective of it. Let's make it easy for them to love having us there.
- Never at any time should a vehicle be in the aisle.
- Make sure any merchandise is pulled back no where near corners (where a vehicle can clip your merchandise) or aisles and secure at 5:00 pm. We are not responsible for damage to merchandise for any reason.
- If you have an issue, WAIT. Take this time to condense and pack. Don't pull out if you don't know the answer or need to speak to someone. It's new so it'll make things easier not to have people driving around if it's not clear especially for the first few while we all get used to the changes.
- I know we are all ready to get home at the end of the day, but it goes more smoothly if you are patient. You have to have enough space so you aren't in the aisle. If that means waiting for quicker vendors around you to leave do it.
MISC and worth repeating
- There is no electric. This was made to be a garage not a show. So we have to use what we have. Bringing battery lighting can be a good option.
- We assign spaces ahead of the show, assignments are given at the gate.
- Booth fees are $175 for the day. If paid by the Thursday by 12:00 pm. Tables are $10 if ordered and paid for by noon on the Thursday before the show. If we have any available on site they are $15 and must be picked up near the glass office.'
- 1/2 spaces are $125 for the season if paid before Thursday of the show by 12:00.
- Bring a cooler with drinks and snacks.
- Elevators cannot be used for loading.
- There is no wifi and we don't know if it's difficult to get a signal
- Not sure on ATM INFO yet
- There are Porta Potties and hand wash stations on first floor. They are delivered at 6:00 am the day of the show so they clean and tolerable.
- Dress appropriately!! The Garage can get cold then it can get hot. Layers are good, especially on your feet. even if the weather is good the AM can be c cold.
- Once load-in is done, no vehicles move in the Garage for any reason. Vehicles cannot move before 5:15 pm.
- DO NOT leave unwanted merchandise or garbage behind. We have maps, and we know who you are. If you do it, you won't be asked back. Leave your space exactly how you found it.
- If you have a particular space you want to be in each month, you will need to make a deposit in order to keep it or have paid ahead for the season. Make it by 6pm the day of the show. With no deposit, that space is up for grabs immediately.
- Without deposits it's hard to pay for everything to make this show happen each month: marketing, permits, insurance rent, etc. We have to work together to keep the Garage going for all of us.
Jim Sands is the head of operations. Send an email to hey (@) vintagegaragechicago.com or text 312-505-6373 OR 586-295-0979