Do you hate seeing yourself on video or the sound of your own voice?
Don't we all, no one likes it.
- It's not about you, and the viewer doesn't even notice. They are interested in what you are showing them. Think about the viewer and what you can show them that's really cool because that's what they are thinking about
- Give a yourself at least 3 bullet points you want to say. It's OK to look at them while filming
- Focus on what you want to show potential Vintage Garage Customers and take a second to tell them where your space is and your website. or check us out on Facebook at B&R.
Do you feel awkward?
- Don't, we are nerds who LOVE vintage. The people watching will be right with you.
- Have a high energy level and be excited and FOR REAL because you already are! Talk about what thrills you or show something you've seen you cannot believe.
- If you are passionate about what you are taking about, that's what people love. They will tap into your passion.
- Smile while you talk you will sound happier.
Talk to ONE PERSON
There's not a crowd of people around a monitor, there's one person watching on their computer or phone- talk to them. Not HEY EVERYBODY. Who's everybody? Individuals are watching so speak to them like you are telling your secrets to one person.
Look into the lens
If you turn the lens on yourself don't look at yourself on camera, find that tiny lens to the left or right and that's what you look at.
Get a cheap Microphone and Tri-pod for your camera
People will put up with bad video but if you can't hear it, it's over. I got a cheap lapel mic for my Iphone on Amazon still is working just fine. Need to borrow it? No problem. Also a tri-pod is great. Especially if you can carry it around to stabilize your stream. Also hold your phone horizontal. Not vertical.
Don't say CAN YOU HEAR ME or we'll wait to see if anyone shows up.
Trust them to tell you if they can't hear you. Focus on giving them a WOWing experience right away and show them what you want them to see. Many will not watch until the replay later so don't wait for 5 minutes waiting for viewers to show up. But you really want to keep the later customer from skipping on. Get their attention immediately. Since people can join in midway, don't be afraid to repeat where you are and until what time and vintage my website......
ASK FOR ENGAGEMENT
Facebook will give you more reach if you are getting engagement. Give them a reason why they should engage, something as simple as where's everyone watching from? How do you like this? But of course don't cross the line by asking for to much. But the engagement is vital.
End with a Call to Action
Come see me/us today at Vintage Garage Chicago until 5pm. If you can't make it today,we've got a new Vintage Wedding theme next month August 20th! You don't want to miss it.
Last point something WILL GO WRONG
Even the most amazing live streamers will have something happen. Just move on. Ever noticed on the news if they say the wrong thing they don't apologize they correct and move forward. I something go blah and start over it takes practice.
Here are 2 major things I've purchased that have helped tremendously--